Swan City & Black Lives Matter
When we started this company in 2017 we did it so that people could share their pride of Orlando - show people what made our community uniquely us. In being an LGBTQ+ owned and operated business we know that our rights are forever intertwined with our black community. Marsha P. Johnson, a trans black woman, helped to ignite the Stonewall Riots that gave way to what Pride celebrates today - inclusivity, love, and moments of gathering to reflect on history. Without our black community we are nothing and today we need to rewrite history for them, with them. While we can never grasp their struggles what we can do is grasp their hands and march in solidarity with them. Starting on June 5th we blacked out all of our product lines to only highlight the Black Lives Matter movement and products we have created for it. Each of these BLM products have 100% going to the New Image Youth Center - read about our partnership here. We will re-transition products back starting in late June or early July.
We hope you will stand with us and, in turn, stand with Black Lives Matter.
With much love,
- Andrew & Jeff
How We Can Help:
Vote for us as Best Kept Secret!
1. Click here to visit Orlando Weekly's Best of Orlando category of Local Color and click on Best Kept Secret
2. Vote for 'Swan City Shirts' in the Best Kept Secret sub-category
3. Do a little dance since that felt good and only took five seconds
4. Share with your friends and family and ask them to vote for us - every vote counts!
5. Give yourself a pat on the back for being a cool swan